Bratislava Policy Institute, Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica and the Hanns Seidel Foundation invite you to the first year of the international conference, Focusing on Freedom: Academic Freedom in CEE.
The conference will take place at the Faculty of Political Sciences and International Relations, Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica as part of a series of public events devoted to academic freedom.
The following topics will be discussed at the conference:
- Academic Freedom in CEE
- Academic freedom in Slovakia, freedom of speech in research and writing
- Freedoms, values and principles on which the Slovak academic community stands
- Limits and barriers of contemporary science and higher education in Slovakia
- Marketization of higher education
- Freedom of expression in post-real time
Registration will be via the electronic system (https://forms.gle/AtVQK8iiaXNdTPuy5)
The deadline for completing an electronic application together with the title of the paper and the abstract (250 words) is September 15, 2019.
The conference languages are: Slovak, Czech, English.
The conference program will be published after the registration process. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com