The Scholars at Risk Denmark section will be launched at the University of Copenhagen on February 18, 2019 at 12:30pm.
- Welcome by Rector Henrik C. Wegener, University of Copenhagen
- Remarks by Executive Director Robert Quinn, Scholars at Risk
- Remarks by Mubashar Hasan. PhD, and SAR Research Fellow/Scholar at UiO.
- Panel discussion: Executive Director Robert Quinn, Scholars at Risk, Rector Hanne Leth, Roskilde University, Mubashar Hasan visiting SAR Scholar at University of Oslo and Jonas Christoffersen, Dr. jur., Executive Director of the Danish Institute of Human Rights.
- Official launch of Scholars at Risk Denmark Section
The event is free but registration is required. Please register here.
Later on 18 February 2019 Michael Ignatieff, President and Rector of the Central European University, and Robert Quinn, founding Executive Director of the Scholars at Risk Network, will receive the Politiken Freedom Prize 2019 at a separate event at Politiken.
Time: 18 February 2019, 12:30-14:45 (doors open app. 12.10)
Place: University of Copenhagen, Udvalgsværelse 3 (Conference Room 3), Nørregade 10, 1165 København K
Further information on the event will be available here.
For a list of Danish members of SAR, please see here. All universities in Denmark are invited to send a representative to the launch event in Copenhagen. Higher education institutions in Denmark interested in joining these efforts may contact email@example.com.