Solidarity in the Time of Social Distancing: The Effects of COVID-19 on Knowledge Creation, Exchange, and Dissemination
On Human Rights Day, the Canadian Section of Scholars at Risk (SAR Canada) hosted a virtual roundtable moderated by Professor Nandini Ramanujam of the Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism at McGill University. Esteemed panelists tackled the timely question of how to safeguard scholars, scholarship, and institutions of higher education in the midst of a pandemic.
- Robert Quinn, Founding Executive Director, Scholars at Risk
- Eva Egron-Polak, Former Secretary General, International Association of Universities
- Nathalie Des Rosiers, Principal of Massey College, University of Toronto
- Shuchi Karim, SAR Scholar, Western University
- Stuart J. Murray, Canada Research Chair in Rhetoric & Ethics, Carleton University
- Andrew M. Johnston, Associate Professor of History, Carleton University